Tuesday 20 December 2016

A recap on Buckinghamshire's STP - my thoughts

Ten days ago I wrote a number of blogs before I went for the operation to remove the subcutaneous lump on my shoulder. I am just about over the GA and the couple of big bleeds post-op and somewhere close to normality. Well .... there is a short period each day when I can concentrate for more then 5 mins.  Will that do for normal?

Anyway I am now a cancer survivor.

Hopefully, beds providing, I will heading to another hospital for a skin graft over the Christmas festivities.  Such fun!

Anyway....the blogs were about the Sustainability & Transformation Plan for Buckinghamshire (STP).  I have tried to put in my terms an explanation of a summary document that our CCGs circulated at their recent set of public engagement events.  They have tried to explain why they needed to develop the plan in association with local hospitals and the county council. They were very honest and said that it is because the increasing activity they will have to fund over the next five years will not be covered by the budget given to them by the Government.

Can't be clearer than that.

But sadly people still don't get it. Some people still believe the Government will throw money at the hospitals again. It didn't work in the past and it won't work this time.

Tonight and tomorrow I will try to finish what I started last week. I have their final three priorities to finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment